Although it hasn’t been confirmed yet, it looks as though there is a new Bluetooth headset on the way from BlackBerry. The current headset, the BlackBerry HS-655 was actually made by Plantronics and was a great headset in its day, but as time and technology have moved on, it is definitely in need of an update.
The BlackBerry HS-500 is made by Jabra this time and has the same brushed metal finish as some of the latest BlackBerry handsets. As the HS500 is based on the Jabra BT530, it shares the same noise cancelling dual microphone technology to make sure your calls are as clear as possible.
The HS-500 is essentially the same as the Jabra BT530, so in terms of features it will have:
- Noise blackout technology with two noise cancellation microphones
- Multipoint technology lets you connect 2 devices at the same time
- Pair up to 8 devices – 2 at a time
- Crystal clear sound by advanced DSP (digital signal processing) technology
- Intelligent volume controls and audio shock protection
- Dual wearing style ear gel or flexible ear hook
- Dedicated on/off slide switch
- Micro USB Charging
- 6 Hours talk time
- 120 Hours stand by time
The BlackBerry HS500 is expected to be released in the next few weeks and is available to pre order now.